It’s surf n’ turf on a whole new gourmet level. Fresh buttery scallops meet crispy-fried Sliced Shoulder Acorn-Fed 100% Ibérico for a melt-in-your-mouth combination that takes just a few minutes to cook up. Scatter the browned scallops over a simple plate of sautéd asparagus for a balanced appetizer that’s perfect for starting off a fun dinner party or even a special home cooked meal.
Mustard sprouts or microgreens of choice
1. Wrap each scallop with a slice of Dry-Cured Acorn-Fed 100% Ibérico Pork Shoulder and secure with a toothpick.
2. Heat some olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat and gently fry the scallops for 2 minutes on one side. Remove the pan from the heat and leave the scallops in the pan for 1 minute. Heat the pan again and fry the scallops on the other side for another 2 minutes.
3. Remove the scallops from the pan when the ham is nice and crispy.
4. Remove the toothpicks.
5. In the same frying pan add a little oil and sauté the asparagus for about 4 minutes until cooked.
6. Lay the asparagus on the plate and place the scallops on top. Sprinkle with flaky salt, black pepper, and sprouts.