Enjoy 100% Iberian Tapas
The world of 100% Iberian products is truly fascinating. And if we use these products to accompany even the simplest culinary masterpieces in the kitchen, the result is even better.
All of you 100% Iberian foodies should know how to prepare dishes inspired by Iberian products. That’s why we’re introducing our new section called IBERIAN TAPAS: a space where we reinvent classic tapas to create new ways to taste these magnificent 100% Iberian products. It’s the perfect pairing and a great way to show off our passion for food.
Looking to turn yourself into the great chef of Iberian tapas? Here’s a fantastic way to start:
Ingredients for the dough
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast (1 packet)
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients for the pizza
- 3 ½ ounces sliced Lomo de Bellota 100% Ibérico
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Pureéd fresh or canned tomato, or tomato sauce
- 3 ½ ounces cheese
- Extra-virgin olive oil
For the dough:
- To make the pizza dough, mix the water, oil, and yeast in a bowl. Add the flour and a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Once the ingredients are mixed, it’s time to knead. Sprinkle a little flour on a clean surface and knead the dough for 3 to 4 minutes without stopping.
- When the dough is smooth and no longer sticks, separate the dough into the three even portions.
- Place the pieces of dough in a large container and cover with a kitchen towel. Let rest for 1 hour.
To build the pizzas:
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF before building the pizzas.
- Sprinkle flour on a clean surface and using a rolling pin, roll 1 piece of dough out as thin as possible, giving it a round form.
- Place the pizza on a baking sheet and cover the dough with a layer of pureéd tomato and sprinkle with cheese. Place cherry tomatoes on top.
- Add 3 slices of Lomo de Bellota 100% Ibérico to finish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining 2 pieces of dough to create 3 delicious mini pizzas.
To serve the pizzas, place them on a wooden board or round serving dish, and add oregano to taste.
- Buy a great product like COVAP’s Lomo de Bellota 100% Ibérico.
- Before serving, add a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil to the pizza to boost the Iberian flavors.
- Accompany the pizza with a delicious young, red wine.