We’re brightening up these tasty egg and Morcilla toasts with a little fresh arugula and quick-seared asparagus. And with this foolproof method for poaching eggs, you can also steam the Ibérico Morcilla right along with them, creating even richer flavors for this hearty Thanksgiving appetizer.
¼ link Dry-Cured Acorn-Fed Ibérico Pork Morcilla Black Sausage
6 green asparagus
2 slices whole grain bread
- Cut the Dry-Cured Acorn-Fed Ibérico Pork Morcilla Black Sausage into slices.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap inside a small bowl. Add a little olive oil and two slices of Dry-Cured Acorn-Fed Ibérico Pork Morcilla Black Sausage, and crack the egg inside.
- Close up the egg like a bag with kitchen twine, doing your best to remove any air in the bag. Repeat with the other egg.
- Heat a pot of boiling water and then lower the temperature down to a simmer. Place the eggs into the water and let cook for 4 minutes. Remove the eggs and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and cook asparagus until tender, quickly transferring them to an ice bath to prevent overcooking.
- Toast the bread and top each with arugula, asparagus, and an egg, along with the Dry-Cured Acorn-Fed Ibérico Pork Morcilla Black Sausage.