We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time COVAP decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
This Policy applies to COVAP, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of www.ibericoscovap.us, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
We gather various types of Personal Information from our users, as explained in more detail below, and we use this Personal Information internally in connection with our Services, including to personalize, provide, and improve our Services, to allow you to set up a user account and profile, to contact you, to fulfill your requests from us, and to analyze how you use the Services. In certain cases, we may also share some Personal Information with third parties, but only as described below.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website;
- Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Information We Collect
- Information You Provide:
“Personal Information” means any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we hold about you, identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your contact information such as your name, email address, telephone number, age, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
“Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data and a few other categories of information, from a few different sources, as described below.
We receive the information you provide to us when you:
- Create an account with us to log into our website, we may collect certain Personal Information from you, such as your first and last name, email, mailing address, payment information such as your credit card numbers for making purchases and phone number;
- By also using our service, you may provide us with the demographic information that is not unique to you such as your gender and ZIP code.
- Account information, such as online password and other log-in details used to access the COVAP service;
- When you post a User Generated content or provide us with service feedback on our site, the information contained in such user-generated content will be stored on our servers and will be available to be seen by other users who make use of the COVAP service.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version and other requested information if you contact us via email regarding support for the Services.
Please note that you can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the website or Services you are able to use.
- Automated information collection
We may collect certain information (which does not identify you as an individual) about your use of the Site through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. This “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Site, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on the Site, the pages you looked at on the Site, other websites you visited before and after visiting the Site, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to the Site, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Log Information: When you access the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of characters) that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Links: The Site and other services provided by COVAP may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
- Web Beacons: Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are 1×1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed the Site and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. Web beacons can collect the IP address of the computer that the web beacon is sent to, the URL of the page the Web beacon comes from, and the time the web beacon was viewed. We may employ web beacons to facilitate Site administration and navigation, to track the actions of users of the Site, to compile aggregated statistics about Site usage and response rates, and to provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the Site.
- Information automatically collected by third-parties about you
Please rest assured that this site will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide to us by way of surveys and emails. It is the intent of this site to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided for on this Policy.
What We Use Your Personal Information For
Generally, COVAP uses the information gathered to provide, improve, and develop our Site and the Services we provide to you, to communicate with you, to offer you a better service, and to protect us and our users. When you interact with or make use of the COVAP service, we use a variety of technologies to process the personal information that we collect about you for various reasons:
- Facilitate the creation of and secure your COVAP account.
- Identify you as a user of our service.
- Personalize your experience with our products and services, and we may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from www.ibericoscovap.us.
- Measure and analyze audience traffic, including tracking user interests, trends, and patterns.
- Help recognize you as a previous visitor and save and remember your preferences and settings and deliver to you appropriate interest-based content.
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials and for other marketing purposes.
- Understand whether our users read e-mail messages and click on links within those messages.
- Increase and maintain the safety and security of our products, services and platform and prevent misuse.
- To understand, diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix issues with the COVAP Service.
- Communicate with you and provide customer support.
- Protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities.
- To fulfill contractual obligations with third parties, for example, licensing agreements and to take appropriate action with respect to reports of intellectual property infringement and inappropriate content.
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and policies, including this Privacy Notice and our Terms of Service.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share personal information collected through the Site because we are committed to maintaining your trust, except as described below:
- Service Providers: We may provide collected data to our service providers. They may use your data to perform services for us and may have access to, store and process your personal data to provide services on our behalf.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share personal information or any information collected through the Site with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Merger and Acquisition: We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through your usage of our Service to third parties who acquire all or a portion of COVAP’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
- Compliance with laws: We may disclose personal information or any information collected through the Site and your usage of the COVAP Service if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials, law enforcement authorities or a valid subpoena, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity, including without limitation to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute any criminal offense or attack.
- Consent: We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
Data Retention and Deletion
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with the COVAP Service and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of the COVAP Service, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal data for as long as you are a user of the COVAP Service.
If you request, we will delete or anonymize your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved.
- Where we need to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
Keeping Your Data Safe
As a matter of policy, we are committed to protecting your data and as such, COVAP takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (e.g. credit card information), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. This is all done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user’s personal information under our control.
California Privacy Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018; Effective January 1, 2020:
If you’re a California resident, you may have some additional privacy rights regarding the disclosure of your personal data by COVAP, or its affiliates and subsidiaries, or to a third-party and we have prepared additional disclosures and notices consistent with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Please see our CCPA policy for more about such rights.
California residents may not be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights described above.
Children under the Age of 13
COVAP’s website is not directed to and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information (Unsubscribe or Opt-Out)
a. To Stop Certain Collection and Use of Your Personal Information:
Marketing emails, texts and mail
If you have subscribed to our e-mail newsletters, you can stop such promotional emails from us by using the “unsubscribe” link on our promotional emails. You can also stop marketing text messages, by replying “STOP” our promotional text messages.
b. To Change or Correct Your Personal Information
At any time, you can request access to your personal information, request that any inaccuracies be corrected, or request that comments or explanations be added to records about you.
To prevent unauthorized changes, we may ask for certain information to verify your identity before we process such requests.
Although we will do our best to make your requested changes, in some cases for example, if it requires a disproportionate technical or practical cost or effort or if it conflicts with our legal obligations or business requirements, we may be unable to do so completely. Should this occur, we will communicate that to you.
Links to Other Websites
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT DISCLOSURES AND RIGHTS
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018; Effective January 1, 2020:
- Information We Collect
The personal information that COVAP collects, or has collected from users within the last twelve months prior to the time of this disclosure becoming effective. COVAP collects or has collected the following categories of personal information from its users:
- Personal identifiers such as your first name, last name, alias, username, or similar identifier, address, phone numbers, or IP address.
- Personal information, such as a credit card number.
- Commercial information, such as purchase activity, transaction data, details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased via the COVAP platform.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including content interaction information, such as content downloads, search history and interaction data on your use of our website and from links in COVAP emails sent to you.
- Geolocation data, such as the location of your device or computer.
- Professional information, for example, data you may provide about your business if you are a Seller; and
- inference data, such as information about your purchase preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- How We Collect Personal Information
COVAP obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following sources:
- Directly from our website users when they provide the information to us.
- Indirectly from you, as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third-party service providers under service contracts.
- Categories of Personal Information disclosed for COVAP Business Purpose
The personal information that we disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- Identifiers such as your name, email address, phone number, or IP address.
- Personal information, such as a credit card number, for example, if we use a third-party payment processor.
- Your age, gender, or other protected classifications, for example, if you choose to participate in a survey distributed by COVAP.
- Commercial information, such as the details of a service you purchased if a third-party service provider is assisting to provide that service to you.
- Geolocation data from your IP address.
- Audio or visual information, for example, if a service provider reviews recordings of customer service phone calls for quality assurance purposes, or if we use a service provider to fulfill your order.
- Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability:
You have the right to request that COVAP disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and verify your request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- Right to Request Access to or Deletion of Personal Information
You may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act to request information about the collection of your personal information by COVAP, or access to or deletion of your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us. Depending on your data choices and subject to applicable regulations, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
We may, however, deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq. or other legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- No Discrimination Rights
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your rights under the CCPA and COVAP will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Changes to This Notice
COVAP reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, and when we make changes to this CCPA Policy, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the CCPA Policy effective date at the top of the page. Your continued use of our Website and/or the services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.